- Can you check my paper according to specific style guides?
Yes, our team of editors are familiar with a wide range of styles, such as APA, Chicago, MLA, OSCOLA, IEEE, among others.
If you have specific guidelines from your university or journal, you can include them with the order as a reference for the editor.
- What does your service include?
Our editing service goes beyond correcting basic grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. The editor will carefully review your document, highlighting the suggested amendments using the ‘Track Changes’ feature in MS Word. An Editor’s Summary Report will be returned with the edited document, giving detailed feedback about where improvements were made, and improvements suggested for your consideration.
- Rephrasing and restructuring of sentences to improve flow.
- Academic vocabulary synonym suggestions.
- Editing according to standard styles, such as APA, Chicago, MLA, IEEE and OSCOLA, etc.
- Checking for American/British English spelling and style conventions.
- Corrections to referencing.
- All major file formats accepted (DOC, Open Office, PDF, PowerPoint, LaTeX)
- Ability to work to specific university guidelines.
- Editing certificates and invoices provided on request.
- Working to individual requests, such as removing wordiness and repetition.
- Can I exclude certain sections from the proofreading, such as the Bibliography?
Yes, simply leave a note when ordering. We only bill for the sections that you would like us to edit.
- Are you open at weekends?
Yes, we are open for business 24/7/365.
- Do you provide receipts/invoices?
Yes, a PDF receipt is included with every order.
If you require the billing address to be modified, please contact customer services at [email protected].
VAT receipts can be provided on request.
- What file formats are accepted?
Our preferred file format is Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX), as the commenting and tracking features are the most comprehensive.
PDF files: we can annotate using ‘Sticky Notes’ (comment boxes).
LaTeX files: our usual method is to paste the source code in to an MS Word document. The editor will keep any formatting commands intact during the review. Afterwards, you simply paste back in to your Tex editor to retrieve the formatting.
Open Office (ODT): most Open Office packages allow exporting to MS Word DOC format. Simply go to File > Save As > DOC.
Apple Pages: you can save in MS Word DOC format by going to File > Save As > DOC.
PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX): we can edit the text in PowerPoint slides directly. However, there is no facility to highlight/track the revisions.
- What are your prices?
You can get a free quote and turnaround from our order page by inputting your word count. You do not have to upload your document or fill out any other details to get a quote.
We operate flat-rate prices based on the word count and turnaround time. Be assured that we do not charge extra fees for ESL (English as a second language) clients or for dyslexic clients.
Our competitive rates start from £12.90/€16.00/$18 per 1,000 words (+20% VAT for UK customers).
- Do you have subject experts?
We have subject experts in many but not all subjects. Please contacts us to check if we have an editor in your field.
If you are looking for subject-specialist editing, try Cambridge Proofreading.
- Do you paraphrase or check for plagiarism?
No, we do not offer this type of service.
- Will I receive a printed/hard copy of my edited document?
Printed copies will not be provided. We will return your proofread document via email.
- Will my document be kept confidential?
Your document will be kept in the strict confidentiality. Only the Client Services Manager and your assigned editor will have access to it. After we have returned your proofread document to you, we will delete all copies from our system automatically after 21 days. Upon request, we can manually delete it immediately.
- What experience and qualifications do your editors possess?
Our team is comprised solely of experienced, native English speaking professionals with advanced degrees from leading UK/US universities.
Our minimum requirements include:
– An advanced degree (including Masters or PhDs) from a leading UK/US university.
– 3 years or more of experience in academic proofreading.
– An outstanding track-record in an academic discipline, e.g. published articles, faculty experience, R&D experience.
- How can I be assured of the quality of your service?
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with any part of our service, please contact us and we will do our best to swiftly resolve it for you. In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with the service you receive and can cite credible reasons, we will refund you.
- When are you open for business?
24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- How and when will my work be returned?
After placing your order, the Editing Manager will assign your document to an experienced editor for review.
The editor will highlight the suggested revisions and comments using the ‘Track Changes’ feature in MS Word. If a PDF is submitted, ‘Sticky Notes’ will be used to annotate the text.
We return three documents:
- A ‘Tracked’ document with the editor’s suggested revisions highlighted using the ‘Track Changes’ feature in MS Word.
- A ‘Clean’ document with all changes implemented and the comments deleted.
- An Editor’s Summary Report.
You can view sample edited documents on our website here.
- What payment methods are available?
We use PayPal for all of our website transactions.
PayPal accepts all credit/debit cards and does NOT require registration. It is the internet’s leading payment gateway and highly secure.
Bank transfers can be arranged upon request.
- Do you accept PDF files?
Yes, we can annotate PDFs using ‘Sticky Notes’. However, where possible, we prefer MS Word documents as the tracking and commenting features are superior.
- I use Apple Pages, how can I save my work as an MS Word compatible file?
Go to: File > Save as > MS Word Document (DOC).
- How do I order?
The ordering process is simple and secure:
- Upload your document via the order form.
- Specify any editing requirements, such as referencing or style guide, in the ‘Notes’ box.
- Submit your payment securely via credit or debit card or PayPal.
We also accept payment by bank transfers or Western Union upon request.
- May I exclude sections from the billable word count that do not require reviewing?
Yes, you may exclude any sections that you do not want reviewed from the total billable word count. Please specify any sections that you wish to be excluded when you order.
- Can I request specific requirements, such as style/format guidelines or other special requests?
You can inform us of any style guidelines or other requests that you may have by noting these on the order form comment box or via email. Our editors are well versed in a variety of styles, such as APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, Oxford, and others.
- How will I see the changes that the editor makes to my document?
All amendments to your document made by the editor will be highlighted through the MS Word ‘Track Changes’ feature. We recommend that you review each change individually. However, we will also return a ‘clean’ version of your edited file that does not show any tracking/mark-up.