- Do you have subject experts?
We have subject experts in many but not all subjects. Please contacts us to check if we have an editor in your field.
If you are looking for subject-specialist editing, try Cambridge Proofreading.
- Do you paraphrase or check for plagiarism?
No, we do not offer this type of service.
- Will I receive a printed/hard copy of my edited document?
Printed copies will not be provided. We will return your proofread document via email.
- Will my document be kept confidential?
Your document will be kept in the strict confidentiality. Only the Client Services Manager and your assigned editor will have access to it. After we have returned your proofread document to you, we will delete all copies from our system automatically after 21 days. Upon request, we can manually delete it immediately.
- What experience and qualifications do your editors possess?
Our team is comprised solely of experienced, native English speaking professionals with advanced degrees from leading UK/US universities.
Our minimum requirements include:
– An advanced degree (including Masters or PhDs) from a leading UK/US university.
– 3 years or more of experience in academic proofreading.
– An outstanding track-record in an academic discipline, e.g. published articles, faculty experience, R&D experience.
- How can I be assured of the quality of your service?
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with any part of our service, please contact us and we will do our best to swiftly resolve it for you. In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with the service you receive and can cite credible reasons, we will refund you.
- When are you open for business?
24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- How and when will my work be returned?
You can find our guaranteed turnaround times and prices by entering your word count on this form.
Your proofread and edited files will be returned via email only.
- What are your fees?
We charge a flat rate fee of £10.90/€15/$16.50 per 1,000 words, in increments according to the size of the document. If you are a permanent resident of the European Union, VAT at 20% may be applicable.
- What payment methods are available?
We use PayPal for all of our website transactions.
PayPal accepts all credit/debit cards and does NOT require registration. It is the internet’s leading payment gateway and highly secure.
Bank transfers can be arranged upon request.
- Do you accept PDF files?
Yes, we can annotate PDFs using ‘Sticky Notes’. However, where possible, we prefer MS Word documents as the tracking and commenting features are superior.
- I use Apple Pages, how can I save my work as an MS Word compatible file?
Go to: File > Save as > MS Word Document (DOC).
- How do I order?
The ordering process is very simple and highly secure:
- Upload your document via the order form.
- Specify any requirements that you may have in the comment box.
Submit your payment securely via PayPal, which accepts all credit/debit cards. No registration required.
- May I exclude sections from the billable word count that do not require reviewing?
Yes, you may exclude any sections that you do not want reviewed from the total billable word count. Please specify any sections that you wish to be excluded when you order.
- Can I request specific requirements, such as style/format guidelines or other special requests?
You can inform us of any style guidelines or other requests that you may have by noting these on the order form comment box or via email. Our editors are well versed in a variety of styles, such as APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, Oxford, and others.
- How do I view the ‘Tracked Changes’ in MS Word 2013/14?
The ‘Track Changes’ highlighting will not show automatically in MS Word 2013/14. To show changes:
- Select the ‘Review’ tab on the main menu
- Click on the dropdown box that currently says ‘Simple Markup’
- Select ‘All Markup’ from the options
The editor’s tracking will now show.
- How will I see the changes that the editor makes to my document?
All amendments to your document made by the editor will be highlighted through the MS Word ‘Track Changes’ feature. We recommend that you review each change individually. However, we will also return a ‘clean’ version of your edited file that does not show any tracking/mark-up.