- Do you have subject experts?
We have subject experts in many but not all subjects. Please contacts us to check if we have an editor in your field.
If you are looking for subject-specialist editing, try Cambridge Proofreading.
- Do you paraphrase or check for plagiarism?
No, we do not offer this type of service.
- Will I receive a printed/hard copy of my edited document?
Printed copies will not be provided. We will return your proofread document via email.
- Will my document be kept confidential?
Your document will be kept in the strict confidentiality. Only the Client Services Manager and your assigned editor will have access to it. After we have returned your proofread document to you, we will delete all copies from our system automatically after 21 days. Upon request, we can manually delete it immediately.
- When are you open for business?
24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Do you accept PDF files?
Yes, we can annotate PDFs using ‘Sticky Notes’. However, where possible, we prefer MS Word documents as the tracking and commenting features are superior.
- I use Apple Pages, how can I save my work as an MS Word compatible file?
Go to: File > Save as > MS Word Document (DOC).
- Can I request specific requirements, such as style/format guidelines or other special requests?
You can inform us of any style guidelines or other requests that you may have by noting these on the order form comment box or via email. Our editors are well versed in a variety of styles, such as APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, Oxford, and others.
- How do I view the ‘Tracked Changes’ in MS Word 2013/14?
The ‘Track Changes’ highlighting will not show automatically in MS Word 2013/14. To show changes:
- Select the ‘Review’ tab on the main menu
- Click on the dropdown box that currently says ‘Simple Markup’
- Select ‘All Markup’ from the options
The editor’s tracking will now show.
- How will I see the changes that the editor makes to my document?
All amendments to your document made by the editor will be highlighted through the MS Word ‘Track Changes’ feature. We recommend that you review each change individually. However, we will also return a ‘clean’ version of your edited file that does not show any tracking/mark-up.